We’ve updated our Privacy Policy.

TCA is committed to protecting your privacy and keeping you informed. Click here to read our Privacy Policy (PDF) and learn how your information is collected, used, stored, shared and protected.

How can I dispute a violation?

You can dispute a violation by filling out the "Contest of Notice" portion of your "Notice of Toll Evasion." This notice is typically mailed to you within two weeks of the violation. Please include a written explanation for contesting the violation. We will investigate the circumstances and provide the results by mail.

If you are not satisfied with the results of the initial investigation, you can request an administrative review within 15 days of the postmark date of the results of the initial investigation. If you are not satisfied with the results of the second review, then you can file an appeal with the municipal court. The procedures for administrative review and appeal are set forth in California Vehicle Code, Section 40255 and 40256.

Toll Violations FAQs
Back to Top